Pensioner rebates

Victorian concessions Pensioner rate rebate

You may be eligible to receive a rebate on your rates for your principal place of residence if you hold a current and valid:

  • Pensioner Concession Card
  • DVA Gold Card TPI (Totally and Permanently Incapacitated), or
  • DVA Gold Card WW (War Widow).

If you have previously applied for the rebate, the amount will be automatically deducted from your rates notice. There is no need to reapply if your circumstances have not changed.

The eligible maximum rebate is $235.15 for the 2019-20 rating year.

If you are eligible and have not received the rebate complete a Municipal Rates and Charges Concession application form available from the Department of Human Services.

  • Email Council Rates the application form with a scanned attachment of your concession card
  • Mail the form and copy of concession card to Moreland City Council, Locked Bag 10, Moreland Vic 3058, or
  • Bring your concession card and form to a Council Customer Service Centre.

Council conducts an online verification with Centrelink to confirm your eligibility for the rebate. The name on your pension concession card must match our system exactly.

The rebate amount appears on the rates notice, under the heading Government Rebate.

If you are no longer eligible to receive the rebate, you should contact Council immediately.

Please note that holders of a Health Care Card are not eligible for the pensioner rate rebate.

Pension concession for Fire Services Property Levy

Eligible pensioners are entitled to a $50.00 rebate against the Fire Services Property Levy for their principal place of residence.

If you receive a pensioner rebate on your rates, you will automatically receive the $50.00 concession on the Fire Services Property Levy.

Further information

For further information on Victorian concessions call the Centrelink Concessions Information Line on 132 300.