Capital Works and Facility Design Grants
Council offers grants funding for capital works projects and recration facility design to improve facilities that improve access to:
- meeting spaces
- disability access
- change facilities for junior or female use
- sport surfaces
- universal design principles
- improved sustainability initiatives
Projects must promote:
- greater community access
- increased participation
- encourage interaction of all age groups and provide a multi-use facility for the broader community benefit
- Universal Design Principles
The applicant must demonstrate collaboration between groups that will result in greater use of facilities by the community. Projects which are completed on non-Council land will need to demonstrate a commitment and means to ensuring ongoing community access.
Capital Works Partnership Grants
- 1 August - 30 September 2020
Funding up to $40,000 per project.
Applicants are required to contribute at a minimum of 25 per cent of the total value of the project through cash or in-kind contributions.
Payment of funds will be in two instalments. A full evaluation and acquittal report is required for the second instalment to be paid at the completion of the project.
Funding is provided for a 12-month period. Project must to occurr between 1 January 2021 to 31 December 2021.
A detailed application process for projects include:
- A minimum of sets of full Quotes from registered bodies or relevant practitioners for the total cost of the project (Builders must be licensed as a Commercial Builder.)
- Evidence of the ability to obtain all relevant planning and building permits
- Final/approved designs and specifications
- Evidence of liaising with an approved building surveyor
- Lighting Plans (for lighting projects)
- Letters of support from organisations clearly indicating their contribution and support
- Written confirmation from all sources of funding and in-kind support
- Written in-principle approval for works from the land owners
- Evidence of the applicant’s capacity to financially contribute towards the project and;
- Evidence of the applicant’s capacity to deliver the project.
Community Grants Program guidelines (DOC 534Kb) provides further information on eligibility criteria, what will and wont be funded for this this grant category.
Recreation Facility Design Grants
Funding to support sporting clubs to produce schematic designs and quantity surveying of new or the redevelopment of existing sporting facilities and infrastructure in Morealnd which will support participation in sport and active recreation.
Priority will be given to proposals that improve facilities for participants, officials and spectators which meet the principles of universal design and relevant State Sporting Association facility development guidelines.
- 1 August - 30 September 2020
Up to $10,000 per project; one application per community sporting organisation.
Funding is provided for a 6-month period. Project must to occurr between 1 January 2021 to 30 June 2021.
Design projects that are eligible for application include:
- Pavilion developments with unisex accessible changerooms accessible/ambulant toilets, first aid room, umpires change room;
- Public toilets, kitchen, kiosk, multi-purpose community social spaces;
- New and/or improved sports fields, cricket practice nets. sports courts and surfaces that are publicly accessible and that increase capacity or safety;
- New lighting installation - LED sports lighting that improves facility capacity and participant safety (including lux charts that are site specific for projects incorporating lighting).
- Providing improved facilities for participants and officials which meet the principles of universal design and relevant State Sporting Association facility development guidelines.
- Improving and enhancing the experience of participation in sport and recreation.
More information on the application process, assessment criteria read the Recreation Facility Design Grant Guidelines (PDF 142Kb) and the Community Grants Program Guidelines (DOC 534Kb).
How do I proceed with a project idea?
- Discuss your idea with Recreation Services Officers who will guide you on the next steps,
- Seek estimates or quotes for the entire project get an idea if the project is possible and manageable by the organisation,
- Speak to your landowner and gain in-principle permission for the works to occur, and
- Seek support of other community organisations and stakeholders who will benefit from the proposal and may contribute to the costs and ongoing use of the facility.
How to apply
To apply online during opening times go to our grants website to complete and submit the application form.
Council Officers will determine the eligibility and assessment of each application based on the content of the Recreation Facility Design (PDF 142Kb) and Community Grant Program Guidelines.
If the application is deemed eligible, it is then examined in more detail against the assessment criteria and funding priorities.
An internal assessment panel will propose recommendations to Council on funding allocations.
Projects must be fully costed and include detailed plans, costing and timelines with evidence of capacity to deliver the project within timeframes.
The applicant must demonstrate collaboration between groups that will result in greater use of facilities by community groups.
See once you have received a grant for information about reporting and other requirements for grant recipients.