Council offers two categories to support the operational expenses of groups within Moreland. Operational grants aims to support the development of newly formed organisations and Organisational Support grants aims to support an established organisation that has limited access to other sources of funding.
Aims to support the development of a newly formed organisation that addresses clearly identified needs and embraces the principles of social justice, healthy living, environmental sustainability and community inclusion.
Funding will be provided for 3 years only; it is expected that the organisation be self-maintained and suitably self-sufficient at the end of the funding term. Applications will be accepted every 3 years for this category.
Applications are currently closed.
A maximum of $10,000 per year or $30,000 over 3 years.
The current funded period is 1 July 2017 - 30 June 2020.
Funding offered to support the establishment and capacity development of emerging organisations that require funding to assist the delivery of quality programs and services within the municipality.
this category funds operational costs such as rent, administration and core program delivery over a period of three years, with defined deliverables.
Organisational support grants
Aims to support the support an organisation that addresses clearly identified needs of the Moreland community, healthy living, encourage participation and community inclusion, for a 2 year period.
Funding aims to support Organisations that can provide evidence of limited access to other sources of funding and must provide the 2 previous years of financial statements, as part of the application process.
Applications will open on 12 July 2018 and close 26 August 2018.
A maximum of $10,000 per year or $20,000 over 2 years.
Funding is provided initially up to 24 months - with the option to extend a further two years, subject to compliance with requirements.
Community Grants Program guidelines (DOC 1Mb) provides further information about these grant categories.
General eligibility criteria
To apply for funds through any one of the categories of the Moreland Community Grants Program, organisations must:
- be not-for-profit and managed by a volunteer board or committee of management
- be incorporated
- have adequate public liability insurance
- have no outstanding grant acquittals or outstanding debts owing to Council
- propose an initiative which will benefit the Moreland community
- be able to supply financial statements and information as requested
- be able to meet conditions associated with receiving the grant, and
- demonstrate the proposed activity is consistent with Local, State and Federal laws including Victorian Equal Opportunity Act 1995.
In addition to general funding priorities, these categories is specifically for:
- The development of newly established community organisations.
- The establishment and capacity building of emerging organisations that require funding to assist the delivery of quality programs and services within Moreland. i.e. newly formed groups and organisations.
- Organisations that demonstrate willingness to actively work with Council toward service delivery for the benefit of the community.
- Organisations that can provide evidence of limited access to funding sources, therefore must clearly demonstrate willingness to actively seek other sources of income with the view to non-dependance on Council funding.
What will not be funded
- Projects or activities that are considered to be core services of State or Federal Government.
- Initiatives that do not focus or directly benefit the Moreland community.
- Initiatives that are singular, insular or of self-interest to the applicant or that promote the business or profit interest of the applicant.
- More than one application by an applicant under the any category in a financial year.
- Requests for retrospective funding.
- Applications submitted after the closing date.
- Purchase of equipment, uniforms or capital expenditure.
- Costs associated with the purchase or maintenance of vehicles of any kind.
- Core programs or services that are already funded by Council.
- Organisations that do not focus or directly benefit the Moreland community.
- Organisations that are not based within Moreland.
- Organisations that receive other significant sources of funding
- Organisations that are already financially viable or have significant funds to support operations.
All applicants must read the Community Grants Program guidelines (DOC 1Mb) prior to submitting an application, these guidelines provide further information about the grant proram, funding categories as well as more information of funding prioritie and what will and wont be funded.
How to apply
Applications for Operational Grants are currently closed, Organisational support grants open 12 July and close midnight Sunday 26 August 2018.
To apply online go to our grants website to complete and submit an application.
See once you have received a grant for information about reporting and other requirements for grant recipients.