Individual Development grants
Funding is provided to individuals who have been selected to pursue achievements in their chosen area of expertise; this may include, but is not limited to significant sports and recreation, arts, cultural and academic endeavours.
Evidence of selection must be provided by the relevant recognised association and a strong commitment to their area of endeavour.
Applicants must demonstrate a strong commitment to their area of endeavour and can demonstrate a high level of achievement. Their endeavour must be formally recognised by an accredited State, National or International Association.
Community Grants guidelines (DOC 1Mb) provides further information about this grant category.
Applications are open during the financial year for this grant category until funds are expended.
Funding up to $500
- Funding levels are based on $250 for state level, $350 for national level or $500 for international level activities.
- Up to $500 for sports and recreation club membership support
You can apply for one achievement grant every 12 months. Priority is given to applicants who have not previously applied.
Individual Development grants eligibility criteria
Applicants can seek funding assistance to help cover costs associated with the development activity that are not covered by any other means.
Sports and recreation applications
Can support an individual to participate in an officially recognised competitive event that has a set of rules and a code of conduct recognised at by a State or National Sporting Association for emerging and established athletes. Evidence of a formal selection process to participate must be demonstrated.
Sports and Recreation Club Membership
Can support emerging female and junior individuals to participate in an officially recognised competitive clubs that has a set of rules and a code of conduct recognised at by a recognised Association. Evidence of the clubs commitment to support/reduce the individuals membership costs must be provided. i.e. reduction of annual fees, concession annual membership or equivalent.
Arts and culture applications
Can be considered for emerging artists and cultural workers to undertake special activities that enhance their creative development. Evidence of a formal selection process to participate must be demonstrated. Small business and self employment activities cannot be funded.
Academic achievement applications
Can be considered for students to participate in an officially recognised competitive event to recognise a student’s excellence or achievements. Evidence of a formal selection process to participate must be demonstrated.
Criteria for this category:
- Be a resident of Moreland, for at least 12 months.
- Demonstrate a record of achievement and commitment in the chosen area of pursuit.
- Seek support for an activity that is a pursuit supported by Council.
- Seek support for an activity at State, National or International level only.
- Participation in State, National and International endeavours or within recognised State or National Associations.
- Have no outstanding grant acquittals or outstanding debts owing to Council.
- Be able to supply financial information as requested.
- Be able to meet conditions associated with receiving the grant.
- The applicant must be a member of a club or team involved in interstate or overseas competition which is officially representing the State or nationally recognised body.
What won’t be funded?
- Applications for coaches and trainers.
- Activities that are to support small business or self employed development.
Further information on the grants program, what will and won't be funded view the Community Grants Program Guidelines (DOC 1Mb).
How to apply
Applications can be submitted at any time of the year at least 4 weeks before the planned activity.
To apply online go to our grants website to complete and submit the application form.
How to apply for a community grant provides further details about the application process.
See once you have received a grant for information about reporting and other requirements for grant recipients.