Glenroy Activity Centre
Glenroy Place Action Plan
Year one update
The year one annual review has been completed to track progress on delivery of actions and to ensure continual checking of priority actions for the year ahead.
View a copy of the
- 2017-2018 Glenroy Achievements (PDF 453Kb) and
- 2018-2019 Glenroy year two priority projects (PDF 89Kb).
The Glenroy Place Action Plan (PDF 3Mb) outlines Council’s budgeted work program for the Glenroy Activity Centre over the next 5 years.
The works described in this plan are incremental steps towards the achievement of Council’s vision for Central Glenroy established by the Glenroy Structure Plan 2008.
The Glenroy Place Action Plan describes the what, who, how and budget to deliver this change.
The Glenroy Place Action Plan seeks to:
- Communicate Council’s 5-year budgeted work program to be delivered in the Glenroy Activity Centre.
- Better integrate and coordinate projects and services delivered in the Centre to achieve set objectives and outcomes.
- Identify funding gaps and facilitate cross-organisational planning for future projects.
- Facilitate stakeholder engagement and the development of partnerships.
- Provide the context for Council’s work program in the Centre and identify the issues and dependencies which should be considered when developing individual project briefs and service plans.
The Plan also identifies a number of potential unbudgeted projects (section 6.0) which have been identified in the Glenroy Structure Plan and other Council strategies and which should be considered for implementation over coming years. These unbudgeted projects will be evaluated as part of each annual review of the Action Plan and will inform future budget reviews.
People who live, work and spend time in Glenroy have a central role in shaping the next chapter in the story of Glenroy. The role of Council is to set the strategic direction, then work in partnership with local people to achieve positive change on the ground.
Key projects within the Glenroy Place Action Plan
The Glenroy Place Action Plan (PDF 3Mb) key projects have been themed into categories being Community, Public spaces, Transport and Economy:
- Wheatsheaf Hub
- Community infrastructure needs planning
- Glenroy Festival
- Streetscape Upgrade – Pascoe Vale Road (Stage 4)
- Streetscape Upgrade – Glenroy Road
- Streetscape Upgrade – others to be determined
- Activation projects (Various)
- Level crossing removal – Glenroy Road
- Implement pedestrian and cycling network - (Craigieburn Shared Path)
- Trader engagement program
- Develop retail mix
Give us your feedback
Which actions are important to you? Complete our online form to give us your feedback on the Glenroy Place Action Plan and ideas for the Glenroy Activity Centre.
Glenroy is a suburb of Melbourne,13 km north of Melbourne's central business district. At the 2016 Census, Glenroy had a population of 22,245.
The community vision as described in the Glenroy Structure Plan is:
Glenroy 2025: A modern village with heart: Glenroy will develop as a vibrant, well-connected and attractive centre that welcomes people of all ages, cultures and incomes. It will be a prosperous and sustainable centre that offers a range of opportunities for the community to live, learn, work, shop, meet and relax.
To comment on the Glenroy Place Action Plan or speak to the Glenroy Place Manager from Council please call 9240 1111.