Thank you for your interest in applying for a position at Moreland City Council.
- How to apply for new jobs funded through the State Government
We have created 310 new jobs for local Morelanders. These jobs are funded by a $16.18 million Working for Victoria grant from the Victorian State Government. This was announced on 10 May 2020.
The new jobs will focus on providing important services across the Moreland municipality in response to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
Recruitment will begin this week, with all jobs offered as 6 month contracts.
1. Go to the Working for Victoria website
2. Select 'I'm looking for work'.
3. Register your details with the Victoria Government's recruitment platform: Sidekicker.
- What areas will the new jobs be in?
The new jobs will focus on allowing us to resource and provide important services across Moreland in response to the COVID-19 crisis.
The types of work the new jobs will focus on involve:
- outdoor land management and revitalisation works
- cleaning services to public assets, including graffiti removal
- food and meal delivery services to support vulnerable people
- waste management and signage work
- digital communications to support community engagement and outreach
- culturally and linguistically diverse support roles
- maintenance and improvement work to sports and recreation facilities, libraries, maternal and child health centres, seniors centre and other community venues
- local business and community advisory and recovery services;
- public health and well-being compliance officers
- environmental, waterways and heritage sites community education and outreach works
- supervisory and human resources expertise to manage onboarding and deliver programs at scale.
- Support to register for Working for Victoria jobs
Moreland libraries can offer phone-based assistance to residents wishing to apply to the Working for Victoria application portal ‘Sidekicker’ . Residents will need to have an internet connected device (such as smartphone, tablet or computer) and basic digital literacy.
Library staff can:
- Assist in creating an email account
- Explain how to create and account and log-on to the Working for Victoria application portal ‘Sidekicker’
- Explain how to fill in an online form (what compulsory fields mean)
- Advise where to find information and advice on looking for work and job application skills (eg. interview skills)
Library staff cannot:
- Fill in the form
- Proof-read an application
- Give career advice
Booking to get help:
Moreland residents can ring 9353 4000 (Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm) to book a time for a library staff member to call them back.
- Help for jobseekers
For refugees and migrants looking for work and needing assistance applying to Working for Victoria, please contact:
Employer Engagement Manager
Brotherhood of St Laurence – Given the Chance Employment Program - Working for an Australia free of poverty
M 0427 258 521 E email@example.com
Current vacancies at Moreland City Council
Select a position to view details, download a position description and to apply online.
|Ref #||Position Title||Location||Employment Type||Date Posted|
|19251||Zero Carbon Moreland Implementation Lead||Coburg Civic Centre, 90 Bell Street Coburg||Temporary Full Time||01 July|
|19254||Service Desk Officer||Coburg Civic Centre, 90 Bell Street Coburg||Permanent Full Time||01 July|
|19257||Home Support Worker||Coburg Civic Centre, 90 Bell Street Coburg||Temporary Part Time||01 July|
|19258||Senior IT Infrastructure Administrator||Coburg Civic Centre, 90 Bell Street Coburg||Permanent Full Time||01 July|
|19250||Digital Engagement Partner||Coburg Civic Centre, 90 Bell Street Coburg||Temporary Full Time||29 June|
|19248||Senior Payroll Officer||Coburg Civic Centre, 90 Bell Street Coburg||Temporary Full Time||24 June|
|19241||Quality Management Coordinator||Bob Hawke Centre, Hudson Street, Coburg||Temporary Part Time||18 June|
|19245||Community Engagement Partner||Coburg Civic Centre, 90 Bell Street Coburg||Permanent Part Time||18 June|
You can also browse vacancies on the Council eRecruit website.
View our application guidelines for instructions on how to apply, resume and cover letter tips, and how to respond to key selection criteria.
Family Day Care Educator
A career opportunity as a Family Day Educator currently exists for suitably qualified people who live in the municipality of Moreland and would like to work from home.
Moreland Family Day Care is a quality home based child care program which offers professional and supervised child care for children from birth to 12 years of age in the homes of approved Educators. Candidates must have or be enrolled in Certificate III in Children’s Services as a minimum requirement and be able to provide a range of age appropriate and stimulating educational experiences for children. Successful applicants will receive a start up package of equipment, toys and 3 months insurance.
If you are committed to providing high quality care and education to children and would like the opportunity to work from home, please contact Moreland Family Day Care on 9240 2300.