Amendment C164 - Rezoning industrial land in the Brunswick Activity Centre
About Amendment C164
Moreland is committed to creating a strong and prosperous economy and creating sustainable neighbourhoods where residents can access services and businesses, and have the opportunity to find jobs locally. The types of jobs needed in Moreland are changing. Traditional industrial jobs like manufacturing are being replaced by smaller office-based jobs.
Council is proposing to rezone a number of industrial precincts in Brunswick to allow for new employment opportunities and residential development.
The Amendment applies to industrial land within the Brunswick Activity Centre identified in the Moreland Industrial Land Strategy (MILS) 2015-30 (PDF 6Mb) as Category 2 – Employment and Category 3 – Transition-residential MILS Areas.
Council is awaiting receipt of the Panel's report. Council will publish the report on this website within 28 days of receiving it. All submitters to Amendment C164 will be notified when Council receives the Panel's report. The recommendations of the Panel will be considered by Council at a future Council meeting. Please contact Council's Strategic Planning Unit on 9240 1111 for further information.
Panel and Directions Hearings
A Directions Hearing was held at Fleming Park Hall in Brunswick on Monday 14 May 2018.
A Panel Hearing was held at Planning Panels Victoria on Monday 4 June until Friday 8 June 2018.
The following documents are made available as part of the panel hearing process:
- The Brunswick Structure Plan Reference Document (April 2018) (PDF 5Mb)
- Assessment for Potential Contamination Report - SKM (2011) (PDF 3Mb)
- Moreland Integrated Transport Strategy 2010-2019 (MITS)
- Brunswick Integrated Transport Strategy (BITS)
- Submitter List including relevant MILS Area (PDF 254Kb)
- Council Part A Submission (PDF 1Mb)
- Council Part B Submission (PDF 3Mb)
- Council Urban Design Presentation (PDF 3Mb)
- Council Part B Environmental Audit Overlay Submission (PDF 558Kb)
- Council Part C Right of Reply Submission (PDF 636Kb)
Expert witness statements
- Ian Klukow of Golder Pty Ltd (Potential contamination - on behalf of Council) (PDF 648Kb)
- Rory McPhillips of Atma Environmental (Potential contamination - on behalf of submitters) (PDF 3Mb)
At the 9 August 2017 Council Meeting, Council resolved to seek authorisation to prepare Amendment C164 to the Moreland Planning Scheme. Council received authorisation from the Minister for Planning to prepare and exhibit the amendment on 16 October 2017.
Consultation and submissions
Submissions closed on Monday 22 January 2018. Thank you to those who made a submission. Council considered a report on the Amendment at the 11 April 2018 Council meeting and resolved to seek the appointment of a panel to consider the submissions to the Amendment.
Although submissions have now closed, if you did not make a submission, and would like to do so, please contact Council’s Strategic Planning Unit on 9384 9215.
View the agenda for the 11 April 2018 Council meeting which includes the report on submissions.
Copies of the submissions to the amendment received by Council can be viewed below:
- Submissions 1-10 (PDF 276Kb)
- Submissions 11-20 (PDF 201Kb)
- Submissions 21-30 (PDF 173Kb)
- Submissions 31-40 (PDF 200Kb)
- Submissions 41-50 (PDF 194Kb)
- Submissions 51-60 (PDF 270Kb)
- Submissions 61-70 (PDF 207Kb)
- Submissions 71-80 (PDF 478Kb)
- Submissions 81-90 (PDF 397Kb)
- Submissions 91-100 (PDF 946Kb)
- Submissions 101-110 (PDF 729Kb)
- Submissions 111-120 (PDF 1Mb)
- Submissions 121-130 (PDF 934Kb)
- Submissions 131-139 (PDF 549Kb)
Land affected by the amendment
Enter your address to find out if your property is affected by this amendment.
What the amendment does
The Amendment proposes to:
- Rezone land within the Brunswick Activity Centre in accordance with the land use directions of the Moreland Industrial Land Strategy 2015-2030,summarised as follows:
- Commercial 1 Zone land to Mixed Use Zone (30 properties)
- Commercial 2 Zone to Commercial 1 Zone (5 properties)
- Commercial 2 Zone to Mixed Use Zone (35 properties)
- Industrial 1 Zone to Commercial 1 Zone (14 properties)
- Industrial 3 Zone to Commercial 1 Zone (46 properties)
- Industrial 3 Zone to Mixed use Zone (58 properties)
Apply Schedules 18, 19 and 20 of the Design and Development Overlay (DDO) to ensure a consistent approach to built form design within the activity centre
Make modifications to DDO18, DDO19 and DDO20 to include specific built form guidance for Category 2 – Employment Areas.
Apply the Environmental Audit Overlay (EAO) to sites identified as potentially contaminated land.
Apply the Parking Overlay (PO1) to land rezoned to Commercial 1 Zone and Mixed use Zone, to sustainability manage car parking in the activity centre.
To read further detailed information regarding the amendment view the Amendment C164 Background Report (PDF 11Mb). You can also view amendment documentation in the Document library on the right hand side of this web page.