Property in Industrial 3 Zone to be rezoned to Commercial 1 Zone
|Current zone||Industrial 3 Zone|
|Proposed zone||Commercial 1 Zone|
This property will be:
- Rezoned to the Commercial 1 Zone, and
- Be subject to new Design and Development Overlay (Schedule 24) building design controls.
What does this mean?
- The maximum building height for new development will change from a discretionary 13.5 metres (up to 4 storeys) to a mandatory 13.5 metres (up to 4 storeys).
- Buildings built to front street boundary.
- Side and rear setbacks to provide daylight access, outlook and natural ventilation for dwellings.
- ResCode applies to any property next to General Residential or Neighbourhood Residential Zone.
- Display windows and/or entrances at ground floor.
- Awnings over footpath.
- Buildings to respond to fine-grain character.
- Reduced impact of vehicle access and car parking on public realm.
- Overlooking minimised through building design.
- Minimum 2 metre balcony width.
View the full Design and Development Overlay provisions (DOC 4Mb).
View the Commercial 1 Zone.