Moreland's planning process is going digital
We’re saying farewell to piles of paperwork and waiting for the postie – our planning process will be going digital from Monday 28 August 2017.
From start to finish our digital process will help to save time, with everything you need at your fingertips. This will mean no more hardcopy paperwork, instant lodgement and 24/7 access to information.
It’s important that you register as a user with Council Online Services ahead of Monday 28 August, so you’re prepared to make the switch straight away.
For large companies we recommend using a single generic email address, login and password, so all your applications can be accessed from the one place.
Setting up your account will take 1 business day, but from this point on you can lodge applications 24 hours a day, seven days a week and take advantage of other digital services during the planning process.
What you can already do online
You can currently use the following online services as part of the planning process:
- Request a pre-application planning meeting
- Submit a new planning application and pay fees online
- View the status of a planning application
- View advertised plans
- Object to a planning permit
Digitising the entire process
From Monday 28 August, we'll be filling in the gaps to make the whole process, from start to finish, digital:
All new planning permit applications
- No longer will you need to print large plans or pay for postage
- Communication with planners can all be done online
- Further information, statutory declarations and amendments can all be uploaded directly into the application online
- Once a decision is made, there will be instant access to your planning permit and any endorsed plans
- All plans and reports that form part of the application will be available online during public notice. Residents who may be affected by an application will still receive a notice by post.
Other planning services that are currently paper based will move online:
- Endorsement of plans and reports to satisfy permit conditions
- Planning property enquiries
- Amendments to planning permits, and
- Extension of time requests.
Feel free to contact Council on 9240 1111 if you have any questions about these changes and how they can benefit you.