Moreland City Council is well served by trains, trams and buses. Public Transport Victoria has a list of the bus and tram routes and train stations in Moreland, as well as timetables.
The Upfield and Craigieburn train lines run through Moreland.
- Tram 96 travels between St Kilda and East Brunswick. It runs along Nicholson Street and terminates at Blyth Street.
- Tram 1 travels between South Melbourne Beach and East Coburg. It runs along Lygon Street and Nicholson Street (north) and terminates at Bell Street.
- Tram 8 travels between Toorak and Moreland. It runs along Lygon Street and Moreland Road and terminates at Moreland train station.
- Tram 19 travels between Elizabeth Street (City) and North Coburg. It runs along Sydney Road and terminates at Bakers Road.
- Tram 55 travels between the Domain and West Coburg. It runs along Grantham Street, Dawson Street and then Melville Road, and terminates at Bell Street.
Many buses run in Moreland travel in an east-west direction to integrate with the tram and train routes.
Myki is a reusable pass that allows you to travel on Melbourne's trains, trams and buses and some V/Line train and bus services. When you travel, you touch on and touch off your myki card at a myki reader and the best fair for your trip is automatically deducted from your card.
You can buy and recharge myki cards at staffed train stations, selected retailers, myki machines at train stations and major tram and bus stops, on the Public Transport Victoria website or by calling 1800 800 007.
Help with public transport issues
The Public Transport Ombudsman is a not-for-profit, independent dispute resolution body, providing a free, fair, informal and accessible service for the resolution of complaints about public transport in Victoria.
Watch Council's sustainable transport video
A short animation about sustainable transport options. Before driving consider public transport such as trains, trams and buses or, better yet, ride a bike to keep active.