Join the library
Who can join the library
Anyone can join a library in Moreland and it's free. You do not have to live in Moreland.
Organisations in Moreland may be eligible for an institutional membership.
Why join the library?
When you join you will receive a library membership card with your name, an ID number and a barcode.
Bring your card to any library in Moreland to borrow, renew or reserve items, including books, magazaines, CDs and DVDs. You can also use computers at any library in Moreland.
There is also an online library which is available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can borrow eBooks, eMagazines or download audiobooks and music for free. We also have artfilms and Australian documentaries available to view online.
You can also use your card online to reserve or renew items.
How to join
Join the library online
- You must be 18 years or over to join online.
- Visit Moreland City Libraries' online catalogue and click 'Join Online'.
- When you have read and accepted the Conditions of Membership, click 'Accept'.
- Fill in the online registration form using capital letters and click 'Submit'.
- Your registration will be confirmed with a temporary borrower number.
- Take your temporary number and proof of your current address to a Moreland library to complete your registration.
- The librarian will give you a membership card. You can now borrow books, CDs, DVDs and magazines from any Moreland Library.
Visit a library to join
- Visit a Moreland library.
- To become a member and borrow items the same day, bring proof of your address, such as a driver's licence, health care card, rates notice or a recent bill.
- If you 18 or over, complete the Library Membership for Adults form (DOC 223Kb).
- If you are under 18 years of age, complete the Library Membership for Juniors form (DOC 236Kb). A parent or guardian must sign the form, which includes application to use the library's internet facilities.
- If you have proof of your current address, the librarian will give you a membership card and you are able to borrow books, CDs, DVDs and magazines from any Moreland Library.
- If you do not have proof of your current address, your membership card will be posted to you. Items cannot be borrowed until your card is received.
Lost or stolen library card
Tell the library immediately if you lose your card or someone steals it. The library will cancel your card.
To replace a card, you will need to show identification with your current address and pay $3 for a new card. You are responsible for all the items borrowed on your lost card.