Starting a Community Organisation
With Justice Connect, Not-for-profit Law
Are you involved in setting up or running a community organisation and keen to understand the legal issues?
If you’re involved in setting up a new community organisation or need to refresh your knowledge on the legal basics, this introductory session is for you.
It will provide you with an overview of the key legal requirements and will cover:
- the incorporation decision
- the best legal structure for your organisation
- the importance of your organisation’s legal purpose and governing documents
- the legal duties of committee or board members
- the basics of charity status and tax concessions for not-for-profits
Suitable for people involved in not-for-profit community organisations of all sizes and legal structures, including unincorporated groups.
Phone: 9384 9239
This is a free event but Bookings are essential.