Arts Activation Grant Program
Arts Activation Grants offer funding and skill-building opportunities to support community-led ideas, big and small, which engage Moreland's community with the arts.
The Arts Activation Grants are a revision of the previous Celebrating Place Grants, with the main improvements being access to greater funding, access to funding over consecutive years and a greater focus on arts and cultural outcomes and engagement.
Objectives of the Arts Activation Grants
- Build connection and pride in place through community led arts and cultural activities
- Support and encourage more people to engage with arts and culture in Moreland
- Build and support local capacity to develop and deliver quality arts and culture activities
- Activation grants - up to $8,000 for one-off activities.
- Annual events - funding for up to three consecutive years, up to $8,000 per year, for events that can demonstrate they have delivered the objectives of the grant program for two or more consecutive years.
- Small event grants - up to $1,000 for small activations
How to apply for an Arts Activation Grant
Applications for the first round of Arts Activation Grants closed on Wednesday 6 June 2018.
All applications should be made online through SmartyGrants Arts Activation Grants.
Small Event Grants are open year round and should be made online through SmartyGrants Quick Response Grants.
Before you apply, and for more information, read the:
- 2018 Arts Activation Grants Program Guidelines (PDF 133Kb)
- 2018 Arts Activation Grants Program Guidelines (DOC 86Kb)
Information sessions were held in April 2018.
Inclusive and accessible
For tips and advice on how to maximise participation and make your event as inclusive and accessible as possible, download Moreland City Council's:
- Inclusive and Accessible Events Guide with Checklist (PDF 2Mb)
- Inclusive and Accessible Events Guide with Checklist (DOC 9Mb)
For information, forms, checklists and templates to help your event go off without a hitch visit our events guide.