CERES Environment Park
CERES - Centre for Education and Research in Evironmental Strategies - is a not-for-profit community environment park located on 4.5 hectares on the Merri Creek in Brunswick East, Melbourne.
CERES is a free park that is open every day during daylight hours.
Moreland Council provided funding and land to help set up CERES in 1981 and continues to be a principal supporting partner.
- a visitors' centre
- a cafe and community kitchen
- permaculture and bushfood nursery
- organic market, grocery and coffee stall open every day
- two certified organic market gardens located over two sites, Honey Lane Market Garden and the Merri Creek Market Garden
- Urban Orchard Project - a collection of people from over 200 households across the inner northern suburbs of Melbourne who swap and share excess produce from their backyard gardens
- CERES Fair Food - a fresh organic fruit and vegetables delivery service
- community gardens for local residents
- an ecohouse featuring the latest green technologies and ideas in sustainable design
- portable worm farms made from recycled Council bins
- workshops and short courses in cooking, beekeeping, permaculture, cheese making, and
- education programs for school visits and a school holiday program.
CERES offers a rich and diverse experience for people through its markets, nursery and many festivals and events.
Visit CERES Environment Park and experience its environmental leadership.