Support around the home
About Council's home support services
Help at home
Council offers a number of services providing help around the home, including assistance in the bathroom or getting dressed.
Help with shopping
Home support staff can provide shopping assistance for eligible residents who are unable do their own basic grocery shopping or need support to be able to continue to do this themselves.
Council also offers a delivered meals service for people who are finding it difficult to shop or cook for themselves.
Household maintenance tasks
Council can assist with many small and basic household maintenance tasks that do not require a qualified tradesperson, including:
- installing hand rails and smoke detectors
- re-lighting pilot light
- changing light bulbs, tap washers and smoke detector batteries
- fixing doors and gates
- repairing fences
- building ramps
- clearing small sink blocks, and
- cleaning gutters (once a year at ground floor level only) - there is a standard fee for this service and an assessment may be required.
Council does not:
- mow lawns
- prune fruit trees
- do general gardening, or
- clean gutters above ground floor level.
How to request this service
To request support around the home from Council, you first need to make a referral.
The way to make a referral depends on your age and whether you are an existing client of a Moreland Aged and Community Support service.
See referral for service for further information.