Referral for service

To find out whether any of Council’s services are suitable, you first need to make a referral.

The way to make a referral depends on your age and whether you are an existing client of Moreland's Aged and Disability Service.

Residents can refer themselves or a referral can be made by a relative or friend, doctor or other service provider, with the person's consent. 

New clients over 65 years of age

If you are aged over 65 years and are not an existing client of a Moreland Aged Service, you must register as a My Aged Care user before you can access programs and support from Moreland City Council. 

My Aged Care is the main entry point to the aged care system in Australia for new clients.

It enables older people, their families, and carers to access information on ageing and aged care, have their needs assessed and be supported to find and access services. It also provides online fee estimators for pricing on home care packages and residential care.

Please visit the My Aged Care website or call My Aged Care contact centre on 1800 200 422 to register.

New clients under 65 year of age

If you are aged under 65 years and are not an existing client of a Moreland Disability Service, contact Council's Intake Office on 9240 2338 or contact Council to make a referral.

Our Intake Office can discuss the type of services available and organise an assessment with you.

Existing clients

If you are an existing client of a Moreland Aged and Disability Service, and would like to enquire about or request an additional service, phone 9240 2302 to speak with your team leader contact. 

Your team leader contact can advise you of the process and let you know if you need to be assessed for the additional service.