Oxygen Youth Space is Moreland's first youth centre and is a place for young people to hang out, meet friends, learn new skills and participate in a range of activities.
The centre was built as part the Moreland City Council Oxygen Project. This project is looking at ways to improve and create spaces and services for young people in Moreland.
The centre is run by Moreland Youth Services and some of the Moreland Youth Services team have offices at Oxygen Youth Space.
Location and opening hours
Oxygen Youth Space is located at 4 - 8 Gaffney Street, Coburg North (next to Coburg Lake).
We are a 1 minute walk from the number 37 tram stop at Gaffney Street/Sydney Road and a 5 minute walk from the Batman train station, Upfield Line.
You are welcome to drop into Oxygen Youth Space Monday - Friday from 3 - 5.30 pm.
The centre is open at other times during the week for organised programs.
Oxygen Youth Space programs
Oxygen Youth Space currently offers these free programs during the school term:
- Singing workshops - Tuesdays (Registration required)
- Amped Up Productions (Freeza) event management program - Wednesdays (Registration required)
- Oxygen Committee meetings - Wednesdays (Registration required)
- Resume writing and job support with Angela from Marist180 - Wednesdays beginning 2 August 2017 - 2.30 pm - 5 pm (Drop in)
- YGLAM Queer Youth Theatre Group - Thursdays (Registration required)
- Xbox and pool competitions, prizes, games, laughs and food - Fridays (Drop in)
- Band - Thursdays (Registration required)
- Accredited training workshops - Saturdays (Registration required)
- Band Rehearsal space for hire - Monday through to Sunday (Registration required)
Find out about the other programs we offer around Moreland.
All young people are welcome to use the centre's shared spaces, including free wifi, pool table and Xbox. These include:
- meeting space
- multipurpose activity space, which is also set up at a music rehearsal and DJ room
- internal courtyard, and
- outdoor area with half basketball court.
We acknowledge and respect the customs and traditions of Indigenous Australians and their special relationship with the land. We respectfully acknowledge that these programs take place on the land of the traditional owners of the Kulin Nation.
Oxygen Youth Space first birthday 2014
We celebrated the Oxygen Youth Space's first birthday with cake, music and entertainment.