Meeting dates and locations
About Council meetings
The central decision-making process of Council happens in Council meetings, which are attended by all Moreland Councillors. The Mayor is the chair of the meeting.
The Chief Executive Officer and members of the executive team also attend Council meetings, to provide information or advice when called upon by Council.
Regular meetings of Council are called 'Ordinary meetings'. 'Special meetings' of Council are also held occasionally, for matters such as the election of the Mayor or to consider matters of an urgent nature that cannot wait until the next Ordinary meeting of Council.
Council meetings are open to the community and citizens are encouraged to attend Council meetings to play their part in local governance. The Council Meeting Procedure Local Law (DOC 2Mb) outlines the procedures governing Council meetings.
Public question time
Council meetings provide citizens with an opportunity to ask questions of Councillors and to raise issues for Council to consider in its decision-making process.
Moreland has made a commitment to provide up to 30 minutes of each Ordinary Council meeting for residents to ask questions.
It is important that residents understand the procedures around public question time. For more information, see Public Question Time form and guidelines (DOC 64Kb).
Upcoming Council meetings
Council meetings are held in the Council Chamber, Moreland Civic Centre, 90 Bell Street, Coburg, 7 pm on the second Wednesday of each month.
Additional Council meetings are held for specific reasons, such as considering budget submissions.
The agenda for the upcoming Council meeting is available online.
- Wednesday 14 February 2018
- Wednesday 14 March 2018
- Wednesday 11 April 2018
- Thursday 12 April 2018 at 6 pm (Consideration of the Proposed 2018-19 Budget, Strategic Resource Plan and Rates Strategy)
- Wednesday 9 May 2018
- Monday 28 May 2018 at 6 pm (Hearing of Submissions to the Proposed 2018-19 Budget, Strategic Resource Plan and Rates Strategy)
- Wednesday 13 June 2018
- Monday 25 June 2018 at 6 pm (Adoption of the Proposed 2018-19 Budget, Strategic Resource Plan and Rates Strategy)
- Wednesday 11 July 2018
- Wednesday 8 August 2018
- Wednesday 12 September 2018
- Monday 24 September 2018 at 6 pm (Consider Draft Annual Report)
- Wednesday 10 October 2018
- Monday 29 October 2018 Ceremonial Meeting (Tentative)
- Wednesday 14 November 2018
- Wednesday 12 December 2018
Moreland City Council live streams video of most Council meetings. Visit live streaming to watch the next Council meeting live online and watch recordings of previous meetings
Following the meeting, minutes of the Council meeting are placed on the website.