Next Council meeting agenda
The next Council meeting will be held on Wednesday 15 November 2017 at 7 pm in the Council Chamber, Moreland Civic Centre, 90 Bell Street, Coburg.
You can view the next Council meeting agenda on this page from the Friday evening before the meeting. You can also view a copy of the agenda at Council Customer Service Centres and libraries from the Friday afternoon before the meeting. See upcoming Council meeting dates and locations.
Live streaming of Council meetings
Moreland City Council live streams video of Council meetings.
Visit the live streaming page to watch the next Council meeting live online, as well as recordings of previous meetings.
An interpeter can be made available at a Council meeting, however a week's notice is required. If this service is required please contact Council on 9240 1111.
Council meeting agenda
Wednesday 15 November 2017 - 7 pm
- Council meeting agenda (PDF 44Mb) or Council meeting agenda (DOC 31Mb)
- Council meeting agenda - no attachments (PDF 1Mb)
Leave of Absence – Cr Mark Riley
That Council approves the requested leave of absence for Cr Mark Riley from 16 to 28 November 2017.
3. Declaration of interests and/or conflict of interests
4. Confirmation of minutes
The minutes of the Council meetings held on 11 October 2017, and the Ceremonial Council meeting held on 30 October 2017 be confirmed.
- PET26/17 Request for Speed Reduction Mechanisms in Taylor Street, North Fitzroy (D17/399352)
6. Question Time
7. On Notice Items from Previous Council Meeting
- ONR6/17 On Notice Items - October 2017 Council meeting (D17/407750)
8. Reports by Mayor and Councillors
9. Council Reports
Planning and Economic Development
- DED95/17 Residential Areas - Proposed Amendment C171 to Rezone Parts of the Residential Growth Zone (D17/375808)
- DED96/17 Victorian Cladding Taskforce - Pilot Audit Update (D17/374109)
- DED97/17 City Development Activity Report September Quarter 2017 (D17/374713)
- DED98/17 18 Albert Street, Brunswick East - Development Plan and Planning Permit Application MPS/2016/44 (D17/373086)
- DED99/17 Car Stackers Local Policy/Local Law (D17/373141)
- DED100/17 Florence Street Pop-Up Park (D17/368108)
- DED101/17 Utilising Section 173 Agreements to Secure Developer Contributions (D17/378768)
- EMOD10/17 Council Action Plan 2017-2018 Performance Report - First Quarter 1 July to 30 of September 2017 (D17/389330)
- DCS65/17 Financial Management Report - for the Period Ended 30 September 2017 (D17/399585)
- DCS66/17 Proposed Lease of Council - Land South Street, Hadfield - Hydrogen Fuel Project (D17/372747)
- DCS67/17 Governance Report - November 2017 (D17/409800)
- DCI58/17 Bicycle Strategy Implementation - Delivering Strategy Actions before 2021 (D17/248065)
- DCI59/17 Cyclist Safety on Gaffney Street - Pascoe Vale/Coburg (D17/378686)
- DCI60/17 Children's Crossing Supervisor Report (D17/385158)
- DCI61/17 On-Street Parking - Madina Estate, Fawkner (D17/379115)
- DCI62/17 Contract 599t Campbell Reserve - Election Commitment, Sporting Infrastructure Improvements (D17/333768)
- DCI63/17 Contract 649t Supply and Installation of In Ground Parking Sensors, Mobile Phone Applications (Issuing of Infringements) and Ongoing System Maintenance (D17/387465)
- DCI64/17 Road Reconstruction of Queen Street, Coburg (Between Moreland Road and Lever Street) - Contract No. 653T (D17/376968)
- DCI65/17 Enclosed Dog Park Proposal (D17/392488)
- DSD45/17 Establishment of Moreland Affordable Housing Ltd (D17/392007)
- DSD46/17 Moreland Toy Library (D17/394653)
- DSD47/17 2017 Christmas Lunch for Disadvantaged and Vulnerable People in our Community (D17/384122)
- DSD48/17 Moreland Arts Board Membership (D17/383705)
- DSD49/17 Implementation of Moreland Early Years Strategy 2016-2020 (D17/307676)
10. Notices of Motion
- NOM60/17 Open Space at Reserve 1 on Ps343450 (Rear of 106 Mcbryde Street, Fawkner) (D17/406429)
- NOM61/17 Land Sales/Transfers Beside Moreland’s Waterways (D17/408266)
- NOM62/17 Closure of the Upfield Bike Path (D17/408244)
- NOM63/17 Use of Coburg Town Hall for Serenading Adela Choirs (D17/408224)
11. General Business
12. Notice of Rescission
13. Urgent Business Reports
14. Confidential Business
DCS68/17 Potential Property Purchase, Brunswick (D17/355668)
In accordance with section 77(2)(b) of the Local Government Act 1989 (the Act) this report has been designated as confidential on the grounds provided in section 89(2)(d) of the Act as it relates to contractual matters.
Council assesses the implications of Council meeting reports against the requirements of the Victorian Charter of Human Rights and Responsibilities.
Copies of the agenda
You can view a copy of the agenda from the Friday afternoon before the Council meeting at Council Customer Service Centres and libraries:
Coburg Customer Service Centre, Moreland Civic Centre, 90 Bell Street, Coburg
Brunswick Customer Service Centre, 233 Sydney Road, Brunswick
Glenroy Customer Service Centre, 796N Pascoe Vale Road, Glenroy
Brunswick Library, 233 Sydney Road, Brunswick
Campbell Turnbull Library, 220 Melville Road, Brunswick West
Coburg Library, Corner Victoria and Louisa Streets, Coburg
Fawkner Library, Jukes Road, Fawkner
Glenroy Library, 737 Pascoe Vale Road, Glenroy