Council will be delivering a streetscape upgrade to Page Street as part of the Sydney Road, Coburg streetscape improvements.
The scope of these works are limited to Page Street between Sydney Road and Russell Street.
Works to be undertaken will include:
- The upgrade of existing bluestone kerb and channels on both sides.
- Removal of existing asphalt footpath pavement and upgrade to Feature stone paving.
- Upgrade of existing road to a Shared Space Zone.
- Upgrade of existing seating, bins, signage and bike hoop infrastructure.
Sydney Road, Coburg streetscape improvements - Stage 1 was implemented in 2016-17.
Budget and timelines
- Budget: Council funding $1,900,000 (for both stages 1 and 2)
- Public Tender for Construction was advertised over August 2017
Major stages of the project
Consultation - complete
Consultation was performed late 2016. This feedback was collated and used to inform the design and delivery of the Sydney Road upgrade. Once the upgrade is complete, a post survey will be sent out for feedback.
The purpose of the pre and post construction surveys is to get community feedback to measure satisfaction in relation to streetscape improvements undertaken and inform future upgrades.
Design - complete
For more information, refer to the
Tendering - complete
Public Tender for Construction was advertised over August 2017
This project is due for delivery pre June 2018.
If you have any queries regarding the project, contact Council on 9240 1111.