Tudor Street, Glenroy - road reconstruction works
In 2017-18 Council will be reconstructing Tudor Street, Glenroy between Waterloo Road and Plumpton Avenue.
Consultation with residents was undertaken in April 2017 and the design completed in October 2017.
The project is in the tender phase, with construction works set to commence in February 2018 and be completed in June 2018.
The works will comprise:
- Construction of a new underground drainage system and pits.
- Reconstructing the existing concrete kerb and channel. The levels will be altered to flatten the road and improve vehicle access into properties.
- Laying of a new asphalt road surface.
- Reconstruction of vehicle crossings between the new kerb and footpath edge.
- Reinstatement of nature strips.
- Total length: 260 m
Budget and timelines
- Budget : $500,000.
- Construction start date: February 2018
- Construction end date: June 2018