Fleming Park Master Plan Refresh
Fleming Park is one of the few active recreation reserves in the Brunswick East area, and is heavily used by the local community for dog walking, play, community meetings and formal sporting activities.
The previous master plan for the park was prepared in 2014, and with the increase in population in the area, and a number of capital works project planned for the next few years, it is timely to check in to make sure the master plan still meets the needs of current and future residents.
Council is consulting with the community ahead of refreshing the Fleming Park Master Plan. At the same time, the playground and toilet at the park are being upgraded.
Proposed Master Plan Refresh consultation
In October and early November 2017 Council held community sessions and activities, including drop-in sessions at the park, online and hardcopy surveys, and public meetings.
The online survey closed on 19 November 2017.
The Fleming Park Master Plan Refresh report was submitted to Council in March 2018 and will now be presented at the Council meeting in April to allow for officers to incorporate all public feedback received.
The draft Master Plan will then be open for public comment in April and is to be presented for Council adoption in July.
Community Reference Group
Council has established a working group of local residents, general park users, and community group and sporting club users of the park to work as a connection between Council and the local community to discuss issues and opportunities to form recommendations to present to Council.
Members of the reference group are:
- Cameron Foley – Brunswick Bowling Club
- Charles Di Petta – Brunswick East Bocce Association
- Anne Lovett – Moreland Lacrosse Club
- Alba Del Bianco – Moreland City Band
- Sarah Harvey
- Paul Robertson
- Rod Duncan
- Gabrielle Macdonald
- Tuesday 10 October 2017 – Survey opens
- Tuesday 10 October 2017 – Drop-in session at Fleming Park, 2 - 4 pm
- Thursday 12 October 2017 – Public meeting at Brunswick Town Hall, 6.30 - 8.30 pm
- Monday 16 October 2017 – Drop-in session at Fleming Park, 2.30 - 4.30 pm
- Saturday 28 October 2017 – Drop-in session at Fleming Park, 9.30 - 11.30 am
- Thursday 2 November 2017 – Public meeting at Fleming Park, 6.30 - 8.30 pm
- Sunday 19 November 2017 – Survey closes
- Wednesday 11 April 2018 - Report submitted to April Council Meeting
- Thursday 12 April 2018 - Draft report open for public feedback until 13 May 2018
- Wednesday 11 July 2018 - Final Master Plan presented for Council adoption
- October and November 2017 – Community and stakeholder engagement and consultation
- November 2017 – January 2018 – Review of consultation results and data to inform report
- April 2018 – Draft Council report on Master Plan refresh and project finalisation
- July 2018 - Final Master Plan to be adopted by Council
For further information phone 9240 1111.