Kelvin Thomson Park project, Pascoe Vale South
(https://www.moreland.vic.gov.au/EPiServer/CMS/Content/about-us/projects/park-playground-and-creek-projects/moomba-park-fawkner,,31472_81359/?epieditmode=True)Detail DesignDetail DesignBackground
Funding has been allocated in the 2017-18 Council budget to implement the Kelvin Thomson Park Playspace Upgrade.
Proposed works to be carried out to the Kelvin Thomson Park Playspace are shown in the Kelvin Thomson Park Draft Concept Plan (PDF 450Kb).
Proposed works include:
- Replacement of the existing playspace with an exciting new playspace set among existing trees
- Nature play elements with logs and boulders
- Installation of a double trapeze 'flying fox'
- Installation of basketball half court in new location
- New garden beds and tree planting for shade and food production
All elements shown on the concept plan are subject to feedback from the community and final budget.
Detailed plans have been finalised and were issued for quotation by Moreland suppliers in December 2017, prior to appointment of a contractor to undertake the works.
Works are planned to commence on site in March 2018, and are expected to be completed before June 2018.
Feedback closed on 3 November 2017.
The feedback from the community was generally positive and construction is planned to proceed in accordance with the draft concept plan.