Campbell Reserve project, Coburg
Council is upgrading the park and playspace at Campbell Reserve in Coburg this financial year 2017-18.
Some key elements of the proposed upgrade include:
- New playspace comprising new equipment including a basket swing, combination unit with monkey bars and climbing elements will complement existing equipment being refurbished, together with nature play including rocks and logs for stepping, clambering and balancing.
- Basketball half-court is proposed to be located in an area near the sportsground. Together with new playspace this will provide a great variety of play for a broad range of age groups. This is subject to additional funding being available.
- Planting of more trees for shade in picnic and play areas as well as new garden beds to increase habitat value.
- New park furniture including picnic setting, park seat and platform bench will be installed. A picnic shelter with barbecue is also proposed, which is subject to additional funding being available.
- Project scope and concept design, completed 1 December 2017
- Community or stakeholder consultation, 4 December –18 January 2018
- Final design, 25 January 2018
- Procurement and construction, 1 February – 30 April 2018
- Project completion, end April 2018
Have your say: closes 18 January 2018
The Campbell Reserve Coburg Play Upgrade Draft Concept Plan (PDF 518Kb) has been prepared showing the proposed upgrade.
You can submit feedback on the proposal. Email Andrew Blight or phone 8311 4391.
Please submit your feedback by 18 January 2018.
The final scope of park and playspace upgrading work is subject to feedback and budget.
Please contact Andrew Blight, Landscape Architect at Moreland City Council if you have an enquiry. Email Andrew Blight or phone 8311 4391.