Norris Street, Coburg North – Road reconstruction works
Council reconstructed Norris Street, Coburg North.
Consultation with residents was undertaken in October 2015 and works commenced in early May 2016.
The works included:
- Widening of the road so as to allow vehicles to park on either side of the road and still allow through traffic
- Reconstructing the existing concrete kerb and channel. The levels will be raised to flatten the road and improve vehicle access into properties
- Reconstructing the road pavement and laying a new asphalt road surface
- Reconstruction of vehicle crossings between the new kerb and footpath edge
- Reinstatement of nature strips
- Construction of a raingarden at the end of the street
- Total Length: 180 m
Budget and timeline
- Budget: $285,000
- Construction start date: May 2016
- Construction end date: August 2016