Westbourne Street, Brunswick road reconstruction works
In 2015-16 Council reconstructed Westbourne Street, Brunswick between Hope Street and Newman Street.
Consultation with residents was undertaken during December 2014 to May 2015. Following consultation, the design was completed in June 2015.
The project is now complete.
The works included:
- Construction of a new underground drainage system, drainage pits and Water Sensitive Urban Design (WSUD) rain gardens
- Relaying the existing bluestone kerb and channel so as to flatten the road and improve vehicle access into properties
- Excavation of the existing road pavement and laying of a new asphalt road surface
- Reconstruction of vehicle crossings and footpaths
- Total length: 190m
Budget and timeline
- Budget: $506,000
- Construction start date: November 2015
- Construction end date: April 2016