Coburg Children’s Centre
The site is located at 13 Urquhart Street, Coburg. It is within Pentridge Village located in what was previously known as G Division.
Council purchased this building in 2013 and have adapted and reused parts of the original building to house Coburg Children's Centre who will vacate their present building on Bell Street.
The centre will provide up to 120 places for children from babies to preschool age.
The building will have 5 main rooms for children’s activities as well as spaces for staff and a large central children’s yard.
Council's Maternal and Child Health service, currently located in Elm Grove, Coburg, will also relocate to the new centre.
Budget and timelines
- Construction budget: $4,640,000
- Main construction period: February 2016 - mid 2017
- Minor works: August to September 2017
Major stages of the project
- Contract - awarded
- Permits and approvals - obtained
- Construction - Ireland Brown Constructions Pty Ltd were engaged to undertake the project.
Expected completion date is October 2017.