Animal registration renewal
Registration renewal requirements
All dog and cat registrations must be renewed by 10 April each year. This date is set for all Councils under the Domestic Animals Act 1994.
Owners are responsible for renewing their pet's registration each year. Council sends owners an animal registration renewal notice in the mail. It is important you notify Council if you need to change your pet registration details.
Once Council receives your payment, your pet is registered for another year.
You may be fined if your cat or dog is over 3 months old and is not registered. You can register your pet online through the Council site.
- Renew your cat registration or Renew your dog registration online by Visa or MasterCard.
- You need your animal registration renewal notice.
You can register as a user and sign in to Council Online Services to access My Accounts. As a registered user, you can keep track of requests and applications on any device and don't need to re-enter your personal information.
BPAY on the internet
If you have internet banking set up, you can pay Council animal registration renewals as a BPAY bill. Payments can be made from your savings or cheque account.
- Login to your internet banking and select the button to pay bills online.
- Enter the Moreland City Council Biller Code 979435, the Reference Number found beside the BPAY symbol on the front of your animal registration renewal notice, and the payment amount.
Pay by phone
Council's phone payments
Pay animal registration renewal with a Visa or MasterCard over the phone 24 hours using Council's secure automated system.
- Phone 9240 1111 and press 1 to make a payment.
- Then press 4 to pay 'animal renewals' and follow the voice prompts.
- You need to provide the 'Animal ID' number located on your renewal notice and your Visa or MasterCard details.
BPAY by phone
- Phone your phone banking service to pay your Moreland Council animal registration renewal from either your savings or cheque account.
- You will need the Moreland Council Biller Code 979435, your Customer Reference Number found beside the BPAY symbol on the front of your animal registration renewal notice, and the amount of your payment.
Pay by post
- Separate the payment slip on your animal registration renewal notice and mail it with your cheque or money order to Moreland City Council, Locked Bag 10, Moreland 3058, before the due date.
- Make the cheque or money order payable to ‘Moreland City Council’ and cross it 'Not negotiable'. Do not include cash in the mail.
Council does not provide a receipt for payments received by mail. Keep the top section of the notice for your records.
Pay in person
Council Customer Service Centre
- Bring your animal registration renewal notice to a Council Customer Service Centre.
- You can pay by Visa or MasterCard, EFTPOS, cheque, money order or cash. The minimum payment for all card transactions is $10 and there is no cash out facility.
- Bring your animal registration renewal notice to a post office.
- You can pay by Visa or MasterCard, EFTPOS, cheque, money order or cash.