Council Plan - Vote on key priorities
Developing a new Council Plan
Every four years Council prepares a Council Plan after the election of a new Council. This plan outlines the Council priorities that will be delivered over the coming four years.
The Council Plan covers Council projects as well as core Council services. The new Council Plan will cover the period 2017-18 to 2021-22.
There are five themes that will shape the Council Plan:
- Community infrastructure
- Sustainable environment and climate change
- Healthy, diverse and connected communities
- Planning for a sustainable local economy and population growth
- Your Council
Under each theme are a set of outcomes that Council wants to achieve.
Council Plan consultation closed.
Voting on the Council Plan closed at 5 pm on 27 March 2017.
This consultation was an opportunity to tell Council which outcomes you want Council to prioritise.
As well as voting on the outcomes listed, you had the opportunity to add additional ideas for any of the themes. Your ideas then become part of the list of outcomes people voted on.
What happens after community consultation
- Council to adopt draft Council Plan: 24 April 2017
- Public Exhibition of draft Council Plan: 27 April - 26 May 2017
- Council to hear submissions to the Council Plan: 5 June 2017
- Council to adopt Council Plan: 26 June 2017
Visit Council strategies and policies if you are interested to know more about Council's current strategies.
Council Plan vox pop - Barkly Square, Brunswick