Community engagement and public participation in Moreland
We’ve heard the Moreland community tell us we need to look again at how Council engages with and consults community.
Your Council believes that all people should be able to contribute to their community and city, and working together we will do better.
Combined reference group – expressions of interest
Moreland is looking for 12 community members to be part of a reference group with Councillors and staff to re-think how we go about this.
Members will work together to identify strengths and issues and recommend principles and changes to build greater understanding and involvement.
The first meeting will be Thursday 9 February 2018. The date, time and location of subsequent meetings will be determined at the first meeting. Meetings will be a maximum of three hours and will including a light meal and a break.
Remuneration will be made available to cover babysitting, carer duties, and accessible transportation, if needed.
Please read the Terms of Reference for further information - Engagement and Public Participation in Moreland - Combined Reference Group - Terms of Reference (DOC 55Kb).
Apply to be a part of the group
If you are interested in being part of the reference group and you're able to commit to meeting monthly for at least six months, we would like to hear from you.
Applications must be received by 8 am on Monday 6 November 2017 to be considered.
Information you can provide about yourself in your application:
- What is your suburb? (live, work, participate and/or study)
- What is your age? (Members under 18 are welcome if accompanied by a parent or guardian. Two members of one family may apply together or separately)
- Do you observe a faith or religion?
- Do you identify as Aboriginal or as a First Nations person?
- Do you have lived experience with disability?
- What is your housing status? Do you rent, own, or other?
- Which gender pronoun do you prefer? They, She, He, other
- Are you a business owner or manager?
- Can you represent any community groups or organisations? If yes, please list them here.
- What else would you like us to know?
Alternatively, download and return the Engagement and Public Participation in Moreland - Combined Reference Group - Application form (DOC 73Kb).
How candidates are selected
Candidates will be selected to represent Moreland’s diverse communities and suburbs.
You do not need to have prior experience.
All applicants will be notified of the results by email or post by Friday 24 November. Please be aware that everyone who applies may not be selected. The goal is to have a group that as much as possible reflects the diversity of Moreland.
If you have any questions, email Paula Jorgensen or call 9240 1250.