Moreland Awards 2018
Celebrating service and commitment in Moreland
Do you know a remarkable person who gives back to the community?
Chances are if you live in Moreland you will, with so many individuals and groups contributing their time every week across the community.
The 2018 Moreland Awards are open to any group or person whose activity or activities have improved the quality of life in Moreland.
Submit your nomination through the online form below.
Nominations close at 5 pm on Friday 7 September 2018.
Your chance to recognise Moreland's finest
Nominations can be made for individuals or groups that live, work, play, volunteer or study in the Moreland municipality and have made special contribution to Moreland in 2017-18.
Winners of the awards will be announced at the Moreland Awards ceremony on Tuesday 2 October 2018.
(Limit of one category nomination per form)
- Community event of the year
- Collaborative partnerships
- Contribution to arts and culture
- Contribution to sport
- Youth contribution
- Environmental sustainability achievement
- Volunteer of the year
- Lisa Bellear award for contribution to reconciliation activities
- Honouring Women in Moreland
Community event of the year award
- Event is held in Moreland
- Event’s primary role is to engage the Moreland community
- Event benefits the Moreland community
Youth contribution award
- Nominee must be 25 years or under on 7 September 2018
- Nominee has made a valuable contribution to young people in the Moreland community
- Nominee supports others to succeed
Contribution to arts and culture award
- Nominee has made a valuable contribution to arts and culture in Moreland
- Nominee has shown commitment to the development of arts and cultural activities for the Moreland community
- Nominee is a Moreland resident that has demonstrated significant achievement in the arts
Collaborative partnerships award
- More than two individuals and/or community groups working successfully in collaboration or partnership
- Creating a positive outcome in the community
- Increases social connection, builds capacity and/or strengthens relationships
Volunteer of the year award
- Ongoing contribution to the Moreland community
- Supports and encourages others to succeed
- A commitment resulting in outstanding and visible results
Contribution to sport award
- Made a significant impact to the development, integrity and professionalism of sport in the community
- Increased physical activities opportunities for all members of the community including juniors, women and girls, people with disability or CALD
- Committed to training, recruiting and recognising volunteers and coaches
- Made a significant contribution to sport as a leader and role model
Lisa Bellear award for contribution to reconciliation activities
- Nominee has made a valuable contribution to building better relationships between the wider Australian community and Aboriginal Torres Strait Islander peoples in Moreland
- Nominee has shown commitment to create positive change by encouraging community awareness about reconciliation between wider Australian community and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples in Moreland
Environmental sustainability achievement award
- Demonstration of how your project has positively contributed to the environmental sustainability of the Moreland community
- Description of consultation, stakeholder/community collaboration and partnerships, which have contributed to achievement/results
- Description of innovative practices or approaches used to overcome obstacles to deliver achievements
- Description of how your project influenced the attitudes of others in your local Moreland community (and potentially beyond) regarding the environmental, social and financial sustainability in the short term or longer term
Honouring Women in Moreland award
- Please describe the activity of the individual or group and how they have advanced gender equality through one or more of the following:
- Encouraging participation and leadership
- Improving health, wellbeing or human rights outcomes
- Providing opportunities for inclusion and social cohesion in the community
How to enter
Entries must include a completed nomination form to be considered.
Nominations close at 5 pm on Friday 7 September 2018.
Nominations will be accepted for more than one category for the same group or individual, however, a separate nomination form must be submitted for each entry.
Please provide detailed information about your nominee, including
- How they demonstrated excellence and contributed to the Moreland community in 2017-18.
- Achievements in the community in which the nominee has excelled
- Difficulties that the nominee has overcome.
- Important dates should be incorporated where possible.
- Reference the selection criteria for each award.
The information provided will only be used by the Moreland Awards Committee for the purpose of choosing the winner of the Moreland Awards in each category.
Submit your nomination online
Download a nomination form
Alternatively, you can download and complete the Moreland Awards 2018 Nomination form (PDF 237Kb).
Submit the form
- in person at a Customer Service Centre, or
- post to Moreland City Council, Locked Bag 10, Moreland, VIC, 3058.
Moreland Awards 2017
For more information visit Moreland Awards 2017.
Moreland Awards 2016
For more information visit Moreland Awards 2016.
Moreland Awards 2015
For more information visit Moreland Awards 2015.