Your chance to recognise Moreland's finest
Do you know a remarkable person who gives back to the community?
Chances are if you live in Moreland you will, with so many individuals and groups contributing their time across the community, every week.
The Moreland Awards honour any group or individual whose activity or activities have improved the quality of life in Moreland.
Nominations can be made for individuals or groups that live, work, play, volunteer or study in the Moreland municipality and have made special contribution to Moreland in 2016-17.
Winners of the awards will be announced at the Moreland Awards ceremony on Tuesday 3 October 2017.
- Community event of the year
- Youth contribution
- Contribution to sport
- Collaborative partnerships
- Contribution to arts and culture
- Volunteer of the year
- Lisa Bellear Award for contribution to reconciliation activities
- Environmental sustainability achievement
Nominations will be accepted for more than one category; however a nomination form must be submitted for each entry.
Community event of the year award
- Event is held in Moreland
- Event’s primary role is to engage the Moreland community
- Event benefits the Moreland community
Youth contribution award
- Nominee must be 25 years or under on 8 September 2017
- Nominee has made a valuable contribution to young people in the Moreland community
- Nominee supports others to succeed
Contribution to arts and culture award
- Nominee has made a valuable contribution to arts and culture in Moreland
- Nominee has shown commitment to the development of arts and cultural activities for the Moreland community
- Nominee is a Moreland resident that has demonstrated significant achievement in the arts
Collaborative partnerships award
- More than two individuals and/or community groups working successfully in collaboration or partnership
- Creating a positive outcome in the community
- Increases social connection, builds capacity and/or strengthens relationships
Volunteer of the year award
- Ongoing contribution to the Moreland community
- Supports and encourages others to succeed
- A commitment resulting in outstanding and visible results
Contribution to sport award
- Made a significant impact to the development, integrity and professionalism of sport in the community
- Increased physical activities opportunities for all members of the community including juniors, women and girls, people with disability or CALD
- Committed to training, recruiting and recognising volunteers and coaches
- Made a significant contribution to sport as a leader and role model
Lisa Bellear award for contribution to reconciliation activities
- Nominee has made a valuable contribution to building better relationships between the wider Australian community and Aboriginal Torres Strait Islander peoples in Moreland
- Nominee has shown commitment to create positive change by encouraging community awareness about reconciliation between wider Australian community and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples in Moreland
Environmental sustainability achievement award
- Demonstration of how your project has positively contributed to the environmental sustainability of the Moreland community
- Description of consultation, stakeholder/community collaboration and partnerships, which have contributed to achievement/results
- Description of innovative practices or approaches used to overcome obstacles to deliver achievements
- Description of how your project influenced the attitudes of others in your local Moreland community (and potentially beyond) regarding the environmental, social and financial sustainability in the short term or longer term
For the selection criteria for each category, see the Moreland Awards 2017 nomination form (PDF 621Kb).
Nominees must meet at least one selection criteria in order to be considered for an award.
How to enter
Nominations close at 5 pm on Friday 8 September 2017.
Entries must include a completed nomination form.
- Complete and submit the online form (see below) or download and complete Moreland Awards 2017 nomination form (PDF 621Kb) and submit:
- email Civic Events
- post to Locked Bag 10, Moreland VIC 3058, or
- in person to any Citizen Services Centres.
(Note: If you have trouble printing the form in Chrome, we recommend that you download the form and open and print in Adobe Reader.)
The information provided will be used by the Moreland Awards Committee for the purpose of choosing the winner of the Moreland Awards in each category.
Online nomination form
Moreland Awards 2016
For more information visit Moreland Awards 2016.
Moreland Awards 2015
For more information visit Moreland Awards 2015.