Membership Activity grants
Membership Activity grants meet the specific needs of Moreland based incorporated community groups who meet on a regular basis to address issues of isolation and promote active community involvement.
This grant category funds expenses associated with membership activities such as transport costs, refreshments, insurance, dinners and general day-to-day expenses.
Community Grants Program guidelines (DOC 459Kb) provides further information about this grant category.
To apply online go to our grants website to complete and submit an application.
Applications are open during the financial year for this grant category until funds are expended.
- $500 for groups with up to 20 members
- $750 for groups with 21 to 60 members
- $1000 for groups with over 60 members
For groups receiving other Council support, the eligible amounts are $250, $500 and $750 retrospectively.
Throughout the year. Groups can make one application every 12 months.
General eligibility criteria
To apply for funds through any one of the categories of the Moreland Community Grants Program, organisations must:
- be not-for-profit and managed by a volunteer board or committee of management
- be incorporated
- have adequate public liability insurance
- have no outstanding grant acquittals or outstanding debts owing to Council
- propose an initiative which will benefit the Moreland community and be located in Moreland
- be able to supply financial statements and information as requested
- be able to meet conditions associated with receiving the grant, and
- demonstrate the proposed activity is consistent with Local, State and Federal laws including Victorian Equal Opportunity Act 1995.
General funding priorities
The Moreland Community Grants Program will prioritise support where:
- The applicant's proposed activity focuses and directly benefits the Moreland community and occur within Council boundaries.
- The applicant is providing a proposed activity that aligns with Council’s corporate objectives, priorities and strategies set out in the Council Plan.
- The applicant has limited financial means to access other sources of funding.
- The applicant has sought funding or in-kind support from other sources, where the applicant is deemed to be in a position to do so; with the exception of seniors groups.
- The proposed activity maximises community benefit i.e. that can demonstrate multiple benefits, which may include cultural, environmental, heritage, health and wellbeing, social support and community participation outcomes.
- The applicant is not already in receipt of substantial funding or in-kind support from Council. i.e. free venue hire, transport, with the exception of seniors groups.
- The applicant can demonstrate the proposed activity is consistent with Local, State and Federal laws including Victorian Equal Opportunity Act 1995.
- The applicant can demonstrate the proposed activity address the needs of residents with limited access to programs, services and activities.
- The proposed activity incorporates collaboration or partnering with other groups.
- The applicant clearly demonstrates their capacity to deliver the project.
- Low priority will be given to large organisations that have significant sources of income or receive funding from other government or charitable organisations and have the financial capacity to fund projects.
- The applicant must demonstrate that the organisation is sustainable and not dependent on continued Council financial support beyond the period of the grant.
- Council may stipulate other priorities as part of the funding agreement.
Membership Activity grants funding criteria
- Expenses associated with membership activities such as transport costs, refreshments, insurance, dinners and general day to day expenses.
- Groups which have a substantial proportion of their membership base living in Moreland.
- Groups applying through an auspice arrangement.
- Groups who meet within the Moreland municipality.
- Groups that provide a copy of their membership list, financial statement for previous 12 months and a copy of a current public liability insurance policy with their application.
How to apply
Preview the Membership Activity grants application form on the grants website.
How to apply for a community grant provides further details about the application process.
See once you have received a grant for information about reporting and other requirements for grant recipients.